The instruments stand out by their intuitive handling and enable the following:
- determination of the ideal component alignment in relation to the intramedullary stem with the offset scaling ring
- optimum positioning of the femoral component with the multi-purpose A/P cutting block, taking every possible degree of freedom into account.
Once fully assembled, with the help of the cutting block the following settings can be made:
- determination of the optimum size of the femoral implant
- determination of the optimum offset of the femoral stem
- correct femur rotation
- the perfect A/P and M/L position of the femoral implant in relation to the correct flexion gap
- in addition, it is possible to carry out the anterior and posterior resections
- this instrument enables any necessary posterior augmentations to be determined and resected
The multi-purpose A/P cutting block and the cleverly designed coupling system for the other cutting blocks facilitates intra-operative handling; various different settings and resections are possible without losing the references that were initially determined and set.
The surgical technique
The surgical technique stands out for its logical and intuitive sequence:
- accurate and reproducible results thanks to a simple and clear surgical technique
- the memory board incorporated into the instrument set makes it easy to keep the various items of information regarding alignment, implant choice and size determined during the operation in view
- in the event of excessive bone defects, the femoral test component can be used as a cutting guide
- the balanSys® REVISION system consists of only seven individual cases, thus keeping it within the limits of maximum user-friendliness
- another essential instrument is the assembly device, which simplifies the job of putting together all the test components as well as the final implant.
Other innovative products
Our company has several other innovated products which are not
published on this website. Please refer to your Mathys contact person
for further information.