A mini prosthesis with great assets. Affinis® Short is part of an innovative system and combines the benefits of both the modern resurfacing and the proven stemmed implants:
- Biological and anatomical reconstruction of the glenohumeral geometry through guided surgical technique and anatomic ceramic heads
- Six stem sizes for an individual optimal fit
- Metaphyseal anchorage
- Bone saving and less invasive
- Calciumphosphate coating enhances the ingrowth
- Simple Glenoid access for an accurate total prosthesis provision
- Easy, secure and precise instrumentation
The shorter operation times and the reduced post-operative pain experienced by the patient, explainable by the bone preserving approach, are other advantages of the Affinis® Short.
Anatomical ceramic head and stem
The Affinis® Short, with a total of eight different head and six different stem sizes, is not only anatomically correct, but also extremely precise.
- Anatomically shaped with an optimal offset
- Inert bio ceramic
- Geometry of heads allow a smooth and seamless bone-implant transition
- Ceramic-PE – the long lasting pairing
- 4 wings: secure metaphysial anchorage
- Easy to implant
- Window design
- Bone sparing
- Rough porous titanium structure
- High primary stability
The short stem principle simplifies the implantation and correct positioning of the glenoid component decisively and leads to less overstuffing in the shoulder.
- Two peg fixation
- High stability
- Bone sparing, convex backside
- Cement pockets allow a smooth cement distribution for an enhanced long term fixation
Along with the new Affinis® Short, new hooks have been developed, for the implantation of all Affinis® Shoulder Prosthesis. They allow an optimal access and support the surgical progress decisively. Read more about the new retractors.
Other innovative products
Our company has several other innovative products which are not
published on this website. Please refer to your Mathys contact person
for further information.