The cementless CBH hip prosthesis by Professor K Zweymüller is made of a biocompatible forged titanium-aluminium-niobium alloy that is in accordance with the ISO 5832-11 standard.
The geometric design of the stem is based on the internal anatomy of the femur and leads to a secure uptake of the affecting forces of rotation.
The tapered design of the stem with its rectangular cross-section encourages the primary press-fit anchoring.
The rough blasted surface facilitates a lasting stability of the implant by means of the osseointegration.
The most important characteristics of the implant
- Biocompatible material
- Proven anchoring concept by
Professor K Zweymüller
- The optimised neck of the stem and the 12/14 tapered cone provide a wider range of motion (reduced risk of dislocation) and a wide choice of articulations.
- Wide range of stems in 14 sizes in a standard and lateralised version each
- A threaded proximal hole at the implant serves to receive the instruments.
- A system of precision rasps and a proven surgical technique facilitate the surgical process.
The CBH stem system permits patient treatment with the best individual solution.
Possible indications for the CBH stem:
- Degenerative joint diseases such as primary or secondary coxarthritis
- Medial fracture of the femoral neck
- Necrosis of the femoral head
Other innovative products
Our company has several other innovated products which are not
published on this website. Please refer to your Mathys contact person
for further information.